Last year our ladies small group joined the church and studied the Gospel of John. Praise the Lord that we are able to complete the lessons on time. During the lessons, we found that some of verses were not easy to understand but our member, Leh Ying prayed “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you” (Psalm 119: 11). That was how we all felt.
Throughout the lessons, we all knew Jesus Christ deeper and deeper.
• Pei Chen shared that Jesus’ love is the greatest love of all and it is hard for her not to love Him.
• Pei Wei admitted that we are all imperfect and Jesus is the light who shines in the darkness. She wanted to be honest to her own weaknesses and let the Holy Spirit transform her life.
• Lie Sien said that Jesus is our hope in the midst of hopelessness. There is nothing too difficult for Him and His promises never fail. He will come again to take us home.
• Hui Lee shared that the peace given by God is difficult to describe in words. She experienced that when her son went missing during a family holiday. At that moment, she prayed and believed that God is in full control and her heart was at peace. At the end, she found her son.
• Leh Kiong advised that we not only need to humbly serve others but also humbly to be served by others. That is the purpose of fellowship, wash one another’s feet and love one another.
• I was impressed and much encouraged by the conversation between Jesus and Peter. Jesus asked Peter three times “Do you love me ?”
Peter answered “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Then Jesus said
“Feed my lambs”, “Take care of my sheep”, “Feed my sheep”.
The more we experienced Jesus Christ, the more abundant will be our lives, the brighter His light and the deeper is our love for Him and for others.
God called us to bring His presence; the grace and truth of Jesus Christ; the Love of God and the Word of God to others. That is our desire for God to use us as the channel to bless others.
Finally, I am grateful to all the sisters who were willing to take turns to lead the Bible studies in the past and we will continue to “wash one another’s feet” this year.
Lin Su See, GMC, Miri