1.李衍僼（年轻企业家，经营在线业务（JH Group PLT）。2020年诗巫再也青年商会主席。今年，肩负砂拉越国际青年会数字化转型任务。）
Methodist Pilley Institute
Online Business Forum
Methodist Pilley Institute will organize an online business forum on 1 May 2021 (Saturday), 2pm to 5pm, with the title: How Covid-19 impact consumer behavior and marketing? Post Covid-19 digital marketing opportunities and trends
This Business Forum explores how pandemic is changing consumer spending patterns and marketing approaches in particular, digital marketing and the challenges faced by SMEs. In this pandemic, there are companies who are able to transform traditional marketing and thrived with overwhelming online business, on the other hand, there are businesses who lack the knowledge for a breakthrough.
During this pandemic, there is an increase of shoppers making purchases through multiple channels through mobile and social media. Digital sales have increased by 18% in Q1 2020 compared to 2019. The surge in digital sales is uneven, home related goods saw an astonishing growth figure, of up to 70% in Q1 2020 with luxury goods and general apparel grew around 10% in Q1 2020. (Deloitte, 2020)
Research shows that it takes on an average of 66 days to form a new habit, will consumer settles into the new behavior for a considerable period of time? Will the demand for online shopping sustainable for the long term? Or will convenience make the behavior permanent?
Aim of the webinar is to share how businesses transform in this health crisis, to provide a platform for SMEs to expand their business network especially on digital literacy and to discuss the possible effects on consumer behavior post covid and how businesses should prepare themselves for a more sustainable long-term business. Medium of language is Mandarin. Welcome the owner of Small medium enterprise, traditional businesses, young and entrepreneur to join. 50 seats available. For more information, please contact Course Counsellor Mr Bobo Wong at 0138110323.
QR Code for registration:
Kit Fong (KY)
- Successful People in Malaysia 2020 by BritishPedia.
- Speaker & Trainer for Penjana HRDF, Ministry of Human Resources.
- Founder and Managing Director of Min
- Principal Marketer & Business Consultant
- Chief Technology Officer of TenX QUINTILION
- Founder of Hunters Malaysia
- Founder of AREA51 INTERNET CAFE
Panel of three speakers
- Henry Lee – young entrepreneur, running his online business (JH Group PLT). He is the 2020 President at JCI Sibu Jaya, also in charge of digital transformation for Junior Chamber of International Malaysia, Sarawak.
- Johnny Tiong (Yumegro) – Chief Executive Officer, holds a degree in business administration and has been actively involved in the business model of the company since his graduation. He is the head that controlling the entire operational of Yumegro including the marketing and any business-related matters.
- Lau Ei jing – Group Head of Operations and HR, Farley Group of Companies
General Manager, Farley (Sibu) Sdn Bhd. Upon joining his family business, Eijing was assigned to lead the softline department dealing with local and international suppliers. Thereafter, he was assigned to look after other departments within the group. He was then promoted to lead the group operations and human resource department. Recently, he was appointed as the General Manager of the group’s Sibu branch.